Anglican Churches of St Thomas, Ontario

 

St Thomas (2006 pop. 36,110) is in southwestern Ontario, 29km south of London.   Its 3 Anglican Churches are in the Deanery of Delaware in the Diocese of Huron.

In 1817, St. Thomas was named for Col. The Hon. Thomas Talbot (1771-1853).   The first Anglican Church, Old St Thomas, was built between 1822 and 1824 on land given by Captain Daniel Rapelje with a sizeable contribution towards the construction cost by Col. Talbot.   The frame church was used continuously until 1877 when the congregation moved to Trinity Church.   In 1986, Old St Thomas was restored and is now available for rental.

St John's Anglican was built in the 1870s and Trinity Church was completed in 1877.   St. Hilda's (est. in 1957) and St. Luke's (est. in 1917) churches amalgamated in 1993 when the St. Luke's Church building was sold and parishioners joined with St.Hilda's in its newly renovated church.   A chapel was added to the building which includes the altar, some pews and many artifacts from St. Luke's Church.
 

Trinity Anglican Church

Trinity Church, St Thomas, Ontario

55 Southwick Street
St Thomas, Ontario
Phone:   519-631-7000
Fax:   519-631-3453
Rector: Rev. Valerie Kenyon
(since Sept. 2013)
Valerie was previously the
Assistant to the Rector at
St. James' Westminster, London.

St. Hilda's - St. Luke's Church

St. Hilda's - St. Luke's, St Thomas, Ontario

185 Elm Street
St. Thomas, Ontario
Phone:   519-631-0504
Fax:   519-631-1047
Rector:   Rev. Patrick Byrne
(since Sept. 2007)

St John's Anglican Church

St John's Anglican Church, St Thomas, Ontario

20 Flora Street
St Thomas, Ontario
Phone:   519-631-7368
Fax:   519-631-7390
Rector:   Rev. Jim Innes
(part-time Incumbent Dec. 2006,
Rector since Nov. 2007)

 
  Website:   St John's Anglican Church